- Invite team members. Operating a Growth OS is a team sport! Add a developer to help you set up tracking code; add your marketing and sales pros to help turbocharge your growth operations.
- Create a source. To begin understanding your customers and how they are using your product, you’ll need to start collecting data from the places where you engage with them. At Intempt, we call these sources. Most customers start with a JS tracker to collect website activity data, an iOS tracker for mobile apps, Hubspot for tracking sales activity, or Shopify to get all your store’s data.
- Choose what events to track. The first step toward data clarity is creating a tracking plan to decide what customer data you need to collect, and why – allowing you to minimize development time from the start.
- Implement identify. To identify customers across all your sources, you need to collect an “identifier” for each user - a unique data item that is consistently associated with the user’s or account’s profile (usually an email address). You can implement identifiers across your sources by enabling the “User” or “Account” identifier toggle in selected source collections. Note: implementing identify is only necessary for our non-cloud connectors like JS, iOS, and Node.js SDKs.
- Implement custom event tracking. If you have non-app connector sources deployed like iOS, JS or Node.JS sources, you will need to create custom collections in order to track specific events on your site or app.
- Create an event. Events allow you to get information about your customer's actions in your app, website, or other data source. To create an event, you need to select a source and its respective event collection to create specific conditions that define an event. With events created (like purchase, form submission, sign up and etc.) you can create segments and trigger journeys, playbooks and use them in reports.
- Create a segmentSegments allow you to define groups of users or accounts based on their behaviors or attributes. Segments allow combining multiple data items (attributes, events) into a single condition with advanced AND and OR grouping criteria. Note: user or account can be in or out of the segment dynamically depending on the conditions they match in real-time.
You can implement Inempt in a few ways to ensure it seamlessly fits the rest of your tech stack.
After you install the core functionality, it's time to go deep! Head to our app.intempt.com home page and select any use cases you want to set up in the GrowthOS!
Updated 19 days ago