# Getting started
In Intempt, you create a source for each website or app you want to track. While it’s not required that you have a single Source for each server, site or app, we highly recommend creating a Source for each unique source of data.
You can create new sources using the button in the Sources view (opens new window). Each source you create has a Source ID, which is used to send data to that source.
Sources can be picked from below listed categories:
- Web Tracker - for tracking all data flowing through your website.
- Mobile/iOS tracker - for tracking all data flowing through your iOS Application.
- Proximity - connect location data from your beacons to enrich your user profiles.
- API Source - send your data directly to our HTTP Tracking API. Prefered source if you don’t have a library for your environment yet. Allows to manually create collections, relations, identifiers, etc.
- Cloud apps - empower you to pull together data from all of your different third-party tools into the Intempt database or select destinations.
# Types of Data Sources
|Data source||How it works||Data collected|
|Web/mobile||Any web page/mobile application with Intempt tracker installed||Products, categories and pages browsed, clicks, store, interaction data, number of pages/sessions|
|API||Integrate communications directly from your servers||Track any data collected|
|Proximity||Beacons communicate with nearby smart devices, which send information to linked servers||Entry/ exit, time spent in physical space|
|Cloud apps||Export data from its third party tool and import it into Intempt platform (e.g. Google Ads, Shopify, Hubspot)||Customer information, deals, purchases, orders, campaign statistics|
Collections describe schemas for events or data of a certain type, while collection data items represent specific pieces of data in that collection. To put that in relational terms, collections are tables that describe columns (types, constraints, etc.), and collection data items are rows of values for those columns.
- Sign up
- Hotel booking
- Page view
Data item examples:
- Purchase amount