# Schema Creation for Custom Data
With the Custom Schema Creation feature, you can build customized event, profile, and attribute collections without any coding involved. The intuitive drag and drop editor allows you to create your custom events and segments on the fly.
# How to Create a Schema
- Go to Sources
- Click on a created source or select “Create source.”
- Select “Visit Schema”
# How to use the Drag and Drop interface
Decide what type of Collection you want to create. Click on a collection icon and simply drag it to the left side. A new collection will be created.
# Types of Collection
Profile Collection - gathers selected information from the user profile (e.g., id, first_name, last_name, address). Profile collection allows you to identify users based on the collection data assigned (e.g., based on email address).
Event Collection – allows getting information about a unique event occurrence (e.g., purchase, flight booking, hotel booking, etc.)
Attribute Collection – enables you to get specific details about the event—for example, product ID, product name, price, flight number, luggage allowance, etc.
# Key Identifiers
To build valid dependencies between the collections Key Identifiers need to be assigned to every created collection. Drag the identifier icon to the field and it will be attached to the selected collection item. Note that there are two types of identifiers:
Primary Key Identifier – must be assigned to any field that is always unique within a created collection. This is necessary for giving each entry a unique identifier. Simply select the identifier and attach it to the appropriate field. Note: assigned Identifier must be unique across all collections.
Foreign Key Identifier - must be assigned to fields that depend on and migrate from a primary key column in another table.
# To Create a Collection
- Select Collection (profile, event or attribute)
- Type in the collection name
- Click add field
- Enter the collection title
- Select “Type” from the dropdown menu. It means what type of value input should be assigned to Collection.
- Select “Display” true or false to enable or disable if the Collection can be viewed https://app.intempt.com/events
# Different types of value inputs
- “Boolean” is true or false values
- “int” (Integer) for numeric values
- “string” - text input
- “float” for numeric values with decimals
- “long” holds signed integers ranging in value from -9,223,372,036,854,775,808 through 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 (9.2...E+18)
- “double” for variable that holds very large (or small) numbers. It can contain up to 15 digits in total, including those before and after the decimal point
- “bytes” stand for typed characters represented by numbers. Each number is stored in one byte (so the number is in 0-255)
# How to Edit and Delete Collections or Fields
To delete a collection, select the trash icon near the name of the Collection To delete a field in the Collection, select the trash icon in the “Actions” column To edit a field, select a pen icon change the input
# Default collection
By turning on the Default Collection view, you can also view collections that might have been created automatically for a source
# What’s next?
After you finish creating the collections, you are ready to go to Events and start building new events and segments based on the collections created.